My teaching focuses on embodiment, the heart states, the imaginal and interpersonal practices. Rather than a way to disconnect from life, my teaching is an invitation to show up for your life and your experience whole-heartedly.
Heart Awareness Practice
A very short and simple introductory practice for connecting with our heart spaces.
Non-Dual Mind: Noting Awareness Itself
A short introduction to noting and then guidance for stepping back into awareness
Non-Dual Body: Becoming Energy
A talk and guided meditation about becoming energy
Non-Dual Soul: Turning All Experience into Poetic Expression
A talk and guided meditation about non-duality with meaning and how this can turn all experience into poetic expression
Non-Dual Heart: Connecting to All Experience
A more in-depth talk about this approach to practice (50 mins) and a guided meditation on using jhanas to connect with all experience (30 mins).
Radical Open-Hearted Acceptance
A guided meditation taking you on a journey through radical open-hearted acceptance.
Practice for the Benefit of All Beings
A guided meditation on practice for the benefit of all beings.
I’d recommend spending a moment reflecting on what ‘practice for the benefit of all beings’ means to you before doing this. There’s a short exercise to help with this below.
Set a two minute timer and write down all the things that come to mind when you think of ‘practice for the benefit of all beings’.
Some questions, if you would like a prompt:
- What sort of beings do you imagine?
- Do you have an image or concept of what ‘all beings’ means to you?
- Is all practice for the benefit of all beings? Are there particular practices that are more relevant?
- Do you naturally include yourself in all beings? Does it feel easier to practice for yourself or for others?
- Are there particular benefits that come to mind when you imagine benefitting all beings? What benefits do you think are most needed at the moment?
- What emotions or feelings does practicing for the benefit of all beings evoke in you? Are there difficult ones? And pleasant ones?
- What’s the potential impact of practicing for the benefit of all beings? On you, on other people and on the world?
- What ways does your practice already benefit yourself and others? Are there ways in which you sabotage the benefits of your practice to yourself or others?
- How does practicing for the benefit of all beings relate to awakening for you?
At the end of the meditation, I’d recommend taking some time to look back at what you’ve written and reflect on how you feel about it after practicing, noticing if anything has changed.
New Year Reflection and Intention Setting
I did this at new year, but it can be done at any time to reflect upon life.
It starts with a short exercise, which you will need a pen and paper for, and is followed by a guided meditation.
Some talks and guided meditations going into different aspects of imaginal practice.
You can listen to guided meditations from our retreats here.